chauhan misba assignment class home essay Aec
Class assignment;
- Use of tenses, explain with examples:
Tenses are forms of verbs that tell us when an action happens—in the past, present, or future.
There are three main tenses, and each has four forms.
1. Present Tense
It describes an action happening now, regularly, or generally.
Simple Present: I play cricket every day.
Present Continuous: I am playing cricket now.
Present Perfect: I have played cricket today.
Present Perfect Continuous: I have been playing cricket for two hours.
2. Past Tense
It describes an action that already happened.
Simple Past: I played cricket yesterday.
Past Continuous: I was playing cricket when it started raining.
Past Perfect: I had played cricket before dinner.
Past Perfect Continuous: I had been playing cricket for two hours before it rained.
3. Future Tense
It describes an action that will happen later.
Simple Future: I will play cricket tomorrow.
Future Continuous: I will be playing cricket at 5 p.m.
Future Perfect: I will have played cricket by 6 p.m.
Future Perfect Continuous: I will have been playing cricket for two hours by 6 p.m.
In simple words:
Present = Now → I study.
Past = Before → I studied.
Future = Later → I will study.
Conclusion:
Tenses are important because they help us clearly express the time of an action and make our speaking and writing grammatically correct.
Home assignment; 3. Before names of rivers, seas, oceans and mountains:
The Ganga, the Pacific Ocean, the Himalayas.
Example: The Ganga is a holy river.
4. Before ordinal numbers:
The first chapter, the second floor.
Example: Read the first chapter.
5. Before musical instruments:
He plays the guitar.
6. Before famous buildings and monuments:
The Taj Mahal, the Red Fort.
7. Before some countries or groups of states:
The United States, the United Kingdom.
Omission of Articles
Sometimes we do not use any article before a noun.
Examples:
- Ramesh is a good boy.
- Honesty is the best policy.
- He knows English.
- Mathematics is difficult.
- We have breakfast at 8 o’clock.
- Books are our best friends.
Conclusion
Articles are small but very important parts of English grammar. A, An and The help us show whether a noun is general or specific. Learning the correct use of articles helps us speak and write English more clearly, correctly, and confidently.
Essay assignment ;
The concluding sentence is the final sentence of the paragraph. It summarizes the main idea or gives a final thought related to the topic. It provides a proper ending to the paragraph.
Example:
“Therefore, everyone should practice discipline to achieve success.”
This gives a clear conclusion to the paragraph.
Example of a Paragraph
Discipline
Discipline is very important in life. It helps us follow rules and maintain order. A disciplined person completes tasks on time and earns respect. Without discipline, life becomes chaotic. Therefore, everyone should practice discipline to achieve success.
Conclusion
Paragraph writing is a simple but important writing skill. A good paragraph should have one clear main idea, a topic sentence, supporting sentences, proper linking words, and a concluding sentence. By following these steps, we can organize our thoughts properly and write clear, meaningful, and effective paragraphs.
Comments
Post a Comment